Collaboration for Change
- 101 Ideas For Combining Service & Learning
- Here is a list of ideas for service related to each area of the curriculum that were developed by Florida International University.
- We the People... Project Citizen
- We the People... Project Citizen is a civic education program for middle school students that promotes competent and responsible participation in state and local government. It actively engages students in learning how to monitor and influence public policy and encourages civic participation among students, their parents, and members of the community. As a class project, students work together to identify and study a public policy issue, eventually developing an action plan for implementing their policy. The final product is a portfolio displaying each group's work.
- California Commission for Improving Life Through Service
- The California Commission is dedicated to uniting individuals in service to their
- communities, promoting responsible citizenship, and achieving demonstrable results in
- addressing California's persistent unmet human, educational, public safety and
- environmental needs.
Chavez Day Materials and Publications
The Ceasar E. Chavez Foundation has developed links to several publications to help you plan volunteer, educational and cultural activities in your communities on and around Chavez Day, including age-appropriate toolkits, service-learning resource guides, coloring books, and more. There are kits available for elementary, middle and high school projects.