Activity 1- The Geography of Oranges
Let's look at a map of each of these places and answer the following questions:
For a world map click here
To view Africa click here
To make this map of Morocco larger, click on the map:
To view an orange harvest in Morocco click here
- What type of climate do all of these places appear to have in common?
- Where are each of these places geographically located? Are they in mountain, desert, wetland, tropical, or forest regions?
- Why do you think they are all located near water?
- How does climate effect what farmers can grow?
- What can nature do that would damage orange crops?
- What type of location and weather do you think is ideal for growing oranges?
- Using your World map:
- Outline Africa.
- Shade in Morocco.
- Draw a star where Merekesch would appear.
- Draw a dotted line ----- from Morocco to Florida using the most direct route.
- Using the scale on the map, approximately how many miles would it be to travel from Morocco to Florida?
Go to Activity 2