January Holidays ~ Student Guide
All around the world people celebrate New Year's Day although it comes on different days and at different times. In America the night before the first day of the new year is called New Year's Eve. Many people have parties. When the clock strikes 12:00 midnight, everyone shouts, "Happy New Year!" People hug and kiss and throw confetti in the air. There are fireworks and honking horns.
- How does your family celebrate the new year?
- Have you ever stayed up until midnight?
- What kinds of hats do people wear at New Year's Eve parties?
- Activity 1:
- The teachers of the kindergarten classes below wrote to say that their classes are studying about communities, nursery rhymes and animals. They especially love holidays.
- First, choose a class and click on the teacher's name to find the address for the card.
- Miss Boling's Class
Mrs. Collin's Class
Mrs. Norton's Class
Mrs. Goyak's Class
- Then, click on the mailbox to send a Happy New Year's Card to a secret friend in one of the classes. Tell the secret friend what you are studying in kindergarten and wish him or her a Happy New Year.
- Activity 2 Click here to go on an online adventure with Curious George.
- Back to My Holiday Portfolio