Benevolent Ruler of Mali
Obedient Servant of Allah,
does decree that...
- You will be responsible for advising the monarch and his court on correct religious observances. Mansa Musa decrees that every member of the pilgrimage journey must demonstrate a complete understanding of the fundamental principles of Islam.
- You will instruct the court in the proper dress and conduct required on this once-in-a-lifetime pilgrimage.
- You will prepare an agenda which gives day-by-day information on the religious observances which are part of the Hajj.
- Mansa Musa, the Obedient Servant of Allah, wishes to build a glorious mosque in Timbuktu. You will need to confer with other councilors such as the Councilor of Arts and the Councilor of Knowledge to discuss possible mosque designs.
- You will also be charged with assessing the short-term and long-term impact of this journey on the future of the Empire of Mali.
- Along with other members of the Council of Religious Faith, you will make a full report to your monarch and the court.