Step One: Group Organization
- Join with the other members of your Council.
- Read Mansa Musa's decree of your council's specific duties.
Step Two: Research Your Information
- Individual Council members will choose one or more of the duties as the starting point for research.
- Use the teacher-selected web sites as the starting point for your research.
- Collect and store your research on paper and on disk.
- Download pictures, artifacts and maps which you can use in your Council report to Mansa Musa and the court.
Step Three: Group Sharing
- Your Council Meeting: Get together with other members of your Council to share and exchange research.
- Seek out members of other Councils (Arts, Commerce, Knowledge, Religious Faith, Transportation) to confer with and gain additional information for your Council's report to Mansa Musa and the court.
Step Four: Prepare Your Council's Report
- Council Meeting: Plan your Council's report to Mansa Musa and the court. Your report will be in the form of web pages or a multimedia presentation. Each Council member will participate in giving the oral commentary as the report is given. After the report, you will solicit and answer questions from Mansa Musa and the court.